Will A Home Security System Work In Dallas?
If you’re like a lot of homeowners, you want your home to be secure at all times. but, do home security systems work in Dallas?
The simple answer: affirmative. But you should have the most robust system to get the most from your home security. Not only can the alarms and sensors provide excellent protection, the modern equipment offer a level of convenience and management you might not have thought possible. By using automation, video surveillance, and remote access through a phone app, you can have a safe home that’s automated to your needs.
Let's take a second to learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is the best idea for your home.
Essential Security Components
To ensure your Dallas home security system works to its potential, you’ll want these necessary home security devices:
- Entryway sensors: You could find this surprising, but plenty of burglars come into your house through the front door. The other most common entry points are back doors and lower-level windows. For these practices, door and window sensors are deemed the bedrock of your home security system. When the security system is live and your sensors are tripped, the unmistakable, high-decibel siren will go off and your round-the-clock monitoring experts will be contacted.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Get rid of those confusing pin pads, as modern smart screens now run your security devices. These touch screens will also control your smart home components, cameras, and monitoring services.
- Mobile security app: The topmost home security allow you manage every segment of your security system through a mobile app. Now if an alarm or sensor triggers, you have the option to get a pop-up alert to your mobile device. Also, disarm and arm your motion alarms anywhere, set smart locks, lower the thermostat and more.
- Home security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t tech in an ADT sign or a window sticker, these do warn an aspirational thief that your home is safeguarded.
Will A Home Security System Really Protect Your Property In Dallas?
While it may appear like an exaggeration to install alarms and download a phone app when you already have deadbolts and chose a nice neighborhood, studies support the notion that a security system will still guard your home. For example, a study from Rutger University says that many burglars will actively avoid houses with an alarm system installed. Instead they’ll look to target a faster home that looks unprotected.
That correlated with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized houses do not use a security system. In other words, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be burglarized than properties that are secured. And while just displaying that your property is protected helps dissuade forceful entry, other items -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also improve your home security.
Of course, modern security systems can do much more than buzz an siren. Nowadays you have some advanced components and services that make a home security system energy efficient and safe.
24-hour Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Dallas when they don’t have 24-hour monitoring? Having a backup plan is always the winning bet and round-the-clock monitoring from trained agents can ensure the police or fire arrive to the scene quicker after a tripped sensor.
Monitoring professionals are there to watch your alarms no matter what time it is -- whether you are home or not. If you’re don’t hear the siren, the monitoring agents contact you and the proper emergency service after a tripped event occurs. Even if you’re home, you can make sure family members and furry companions are safe and accounted for.
Get Similar Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, CO, and Medical
When you install your home security system, you can choose to cover much more than security alarms. components like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be connected to your overall system. If an environmental emergency is sensed, your components will act just like your security alarms. Then when the loud signal goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring agents are notified, and a notification will come to your smartphone.
There’s also a panic button, which is conveniently attached to you or a loved one through a neck pendant, bracelet, or shirt clip. If there is a fall risk or a serious medical condition, they can just hit a two-finger button to contact emergency services.
Add Safety, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best automation components give you a level of control and comfort you’ve never seen before. They can make your home more energy-efficient and reactive. And when you link automation to your home security system, they will also make your property that much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it feel like your home is inhabited when you’re gone.
- Have your indoor smart bulbs turn on when your security camera detects sudden motion.
- Use geolocation to lock your doors, flip off your lights, and lower the smart thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Make custom scenes where you can pre-program your lighting, temperature, sensors, and other equipment with one touch of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your components and control your components through your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve with smart devices, and you’ll quickly realize how much you can use a smart security system in Dallas. You can even manage your components with voice commands when you link your home security system to your favorite smart speaker.
Keep A View On Your Property With Wireless Security Cameras
Signs, decals, and proper lighting are effective home invasion obstructions, but security cameras can take your security to a higher plane. The last thing an intruder wants is to be seen on a security camera as the footage could be leveraged against them in a criminal case. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to investigate the noise you heard outside? Would you need to say hi to the kids when they get home from school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you need is to pull up the live feed from your ADT Control app. You may also allow texts on your phone whenever a guest rings the doorbell or your cameras sees sudden motion. Then chat with guests with the two-way talk feature on the app.
How To Get Your Home Security In Dallas?
Want help in creating a home security system that works in Dallas? Our home security agents can help you choose the perfect alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be bundled into one comprehensive plan. Contact us directly at (214) 997-6030 or complete the form below.