The latest smart security installations are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, you may still neglect to perform easy security tasks like arming your home security, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you never had to remember doing these chores in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Dallas, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Dallas For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your house, which you can customize within your smart security app. The technology then tracks your phone to see when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to communicate with other connected equipment. This technological advancement assists your home security by centralizing all components onto a single network. You can then set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your home and assign particular actions as you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, shortly after you leave your driveway, you could set your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are several of the technologies you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Dallas. With the mobile app, you are able to reap the benefits of home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular devices activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your surveillance system detects unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that function in harmony together. Make your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks engage when the day is done. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with specific lighting and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Dallas
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (214) 997-6030 or complete the form on this page to start designing your optimal security system.