How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Dallas
Security cameras can solely be placed as a hindrance—something that tells burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive outfitted with a number of tools all designed to provide all-encompassing protection for your family. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and fast action motion sensors, these features enable you to have the most from home security cameras in Dallas.
How To Set Up Your Dallas Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is placing your devices in the right spots around your house. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common rooms like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to move around to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras should offer you a clear view of your porch, front walk, front and patio, garage, and other outdoor detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your family ought to be a chief concern before placing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the foundation for utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Dallas. The features described below help to optimize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your phone the instant strange activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when movements are detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your home security cameras to capture footage and save clips for easy viewing later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to speak to people through the unit. Through your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° coverage or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to guard specific spots within your living space.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to inform you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and overlook cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send timely texts when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Dallas is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (214) 997-6030 or complete the form below to get started customizing your security system today.